Foods rich in vitamin A, and beta carotene. These are most yellow and orange fruits/veges These are good for our vision. Vitamin A especially good for vision. Especially for good night vision.
Smoking will negatively affect eyesight, especially night vision. This is because of increased levels of carbon monoxide and decreased levels of oxygen in the blood
Blueberries, Bilberries, Grapes (eat seeds)
Cherries, yellow & orange Fruits & Vegetables, Leafy Green Vegetables, Collard etc, and Beans and Legumes
Foods containing Omega 3 (Salmon, Tuna, Cod etc
Herbal/Nutritional Supplements (If you wish to use them)
120 mg Billberry Extract twice daily.
25000 IU of mixed carotenoids twice daily
45 -80 mg of zinc oxide daily
6 mg of lutein daily
50 mg grape seed extract twice daily
You can take these singly, but they are considered more effective if combined.
Also, don’t forget that regular physical exercise will improve the blood flow and oxygenation of the eyes.
Source:EXTRAORDINARY HEALING, ART BROWNSTEIN, MD p.297
Further Study On Nutrition & Macular Degeneration/Vision
Studies show that people with macular degeneration have low levels of zinc, selenium, vitamin C, carotenoids, and vitamin E, compared to people not suffering Macular degeneration.
It has been shown that people consuming large amounts of red meat, salami, and similar products have significantly greater risk and incidence of macular degeneration.
Beta carotene is only one of a range of important carotenoids found in the body. It is important to eat things like corn, leafy green vegetables, and collard greens. These contain high levels of carotenoids call lutein and zeaxanthine. When these are adequately present in our eyes they absorb blue light and reduce oxidative stress. Something like inbuilt sunglasses. These are powerful antioxidants.
Other nutrients to consider. Coenzyme Q10, and Glutathione. Glutathione is a powerful antioxidant found in the body. Our bodies absorb glutathione poorly. The best way to increase intracellular levels is to provide nutrients that the body needs to manufacture its own. The nutrients needed to do this are selenium, vitamin B6, N-acetyl-Lcysteine, and niacin.
Sources: WHAT YOUR DOCTOR DOESN’T KNOW ABOUT NUTRITIONAL MEDICINE MAY BE KILLING YOU. RAY D. STRAND, M.D. p 91,92
Copyright: Chris Barrett, B.A.,Th.
Site Menu :
- Eye Exercises Home
- Review of Eye Exercises
- The Bates Method Reviewed
- Judging Distance and the best eye exercises
- Blurry Vision
- Far Sighted
- Lazy Eye
- How Eye Exercises Work
- Short Sightedness – Myopia
- Foods and Nutrition
- Natural Cancer Treatment – Maroon Bush
- Mining and Investing – Valuing a Company
- Valuing a mining company using net present value
- Creation Evolution and God
- We have also placed some links below, including my other site
- as a background to other health issues. You will find some good general information on nutrition and Maroon Bush. Maroon Bush is an Australian native bush which was traditionally used by many Aboriginal people in the treatment of various illnesses. It is now used by a growing number of people as an aid in treating cancer and other problems.For information on the Maroon Bush you can also visit: